Skip to content
- To move the mailboxes from one database to the new/other databases, open the exchange management shell console and then execute the below command
- New-MoveRequest aliasname -TargetDatabase ‘Mailbox Database 0140639003‘ -batchname movebatch1
- Note: (movebatch1 is the batch name)
- We need to create a batch while moving the mailboxes from one database to the other.
- This entire process was completely executed in an asynchronous manner.
- Mailboxes will be completely moved once the batch status show as completed or 100%.
- To get the batch status use the below command (movebatch1 is the batch name)
- get-moverequeststatistics -batchname movebatch1 (or)
- get-moverequest –batchname movebatch1 | get- moverequeststatistics
- Once it shows 100%, then our mailbox movement was successful.
- RAM : 8 GB
- Disk Space : 40 GB
- File Format : NTFS File system
- Processor : x64 architecture-based computer
- Mailbox and Edge Transport server roles : Windows Server 2012 Standard or R2 Standard or Datacenter
- Management Tools: Windows Server 2012 Standard or R2 Standard or Datacenter.